Thursday, March 28, 2013

Make Good Art

Do you need some inspiration to follow your dreams?  Maybe to record a song, or to submit your story to a publisher?  I know how hard it is to not only take the first step down the path you want to be on, but to STAY on that path until one day you finally wake up and say "I made it!"  

It's this video that helps get me through the day at work - I'm working for the paycheck, like most of us, but I long for the day when the paycheck comes from doing something I love, something I created.  I know I'll get there one day.

It's this video that motivated me to teach myself to draw (more on that in a later post).  I always told myself I sucked at art.  Any art.  I swore that I could mess up a stick figure!  But that negative thinking simply bleeds into other areas of your life, and I'd never become an artist if I simply complained about it.  So I picked up a pencil and I've been drawing ever since.
There's always room for improvement.

It's this video that reminds me to create at least one piece of art a day, whether it's my practice drawings, a few words in a journal, or even just a wildly vivid idea in my mind.  

It's this video that will keep me on the creative path - and I hope it keeps you on that path as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment