Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hollz Does Art, Part 1

Welcome to the first post in Hollz Does Art - where Hollz teaches herself how to become an artist!

I could never draw.  Maybe I could when I was a child, back when criticisms never mattered.  But as soon as the first kid laughed at my art project, I stopped all together.  I even purposely drew outside the lines to prove that I was not an artist, so no one would expect anything of me.

What a horrible attitude to have!  I decided to turn that around a few months ago, especially when I started to get a comic book idea in my head.  How could I produce my own comic without connections and without drawing skills?

So here's where I started - my very first drawing:


speaker drawing by Hollz
I drew the first thing I laid my eyes on - my computer speaker.  Then I expanded out, moving towards more of a cartoon style instead of realism:

Draw Me pencil drawing by Hollz
I wonder if I could have gotten into one of those mail-in art schools with this drawing?


Qbert pencil drawing by Hollz
Q-Bert, one of my favorite classics!

Let me know what you think, and I'd love any tips!  I'll update with new drawings in a couple weeks.

Total XP from drawings to date: 500.  XP needed for next level: 1500.





No comments:

Post a Comment